Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wandering Without a Purpose!

Picture this in Costco! x3
This blog starts off with a story. Fasten your seat belts because here we go! Elder George and I were driving down Reserve Street in Missoula last week and Elder George saw a Costco. He was so excited to go and get a Costco card so we could shop there, because buying in bulk sounds a lot better then shopping every week. As missionaries we only shop on one day of the week which makes it vital to get everything we need in one trip. So, the theory of buying in bulk and only shopping once every three weeks really caught my attention.We go into Costco and we fill out the application to get one of the coveted cards so we can shop there and as we finish filling it out they tell us the amount we need to pay for the card. Elder George gives them his card and they tell us they don't accept credit! (Strike one Costco) So, I hand them mine and we receive our cards and leave. Our day to shop comes around and we were pretty excited to start our new adventure of shopping in the expanses of Costco! We stroll in and start our search for the best deals on food that would be easy to make and quick! But first Elder George needs to get money off his card so he can buy food, well, it turns out that you need some kind of code from your card to get money off of it. Who would have known right? So, we figure we will wander around and search for stuff. But as we walked through the store we became more and more frustrated because we didn't know where we were going or what we were doing and we couldn't buy anything anyway! I've always been impatient while shopping but when I can't buy or find anything it sends me into a spiral of impatience! So, we decided to just go and get some food from the food court they had there and once again we couldn't buy anything because our lack of preparedness. That had to be the most lost I have been in a store in a really long time. Just the helpless feeling of not being able to do anything or accomplishing anything was the worst feeling.
Is that what it feels like to live without Jesus in our lives? Is that wandering feeling just a glimpse of how I would feel if I didn't know what I was doing on this earth? I thought about these questions and I came up with one solid answer, and that answer is yes! I believe that trying to go through this life without the knowledge of Jesus Christ would be such a feeling as I had in Costco! Just wandering and not knowing what to do. Walking around with simply no purpose there or here. However, with the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives we can have a sense of purpose and be able to accomplish what we have been sent here to do! Jesus told us he is the way the truth and light, does that not mean he will guide us? It is my testimony that he is here for us and that he will guide us! How do we get this light in our lives?  
" For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do." 2 Nephi 32:5. By taking the name of Christ upon us, which is by being baptized by the Priesthood authority. That is the way Jesus can light our way and show us how to get around in this life and not feel the helplessness that I had by shopping in a place where I had no idea what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment